Tuesday 15 December 2009


 
The Twins have arrived!!
Last week I had the twins everything went smoothly.  I got to the hospital at 7.45am as planned and was in the operating theatre at 8.45.  It is quite wierd walking into the operating theatre knowing what is about to happen. I had a drink which made me feel woozy and then they started doing my spinal block.  There were 15 people in the room but to be honest I couldn't really see many of them as I was laid down behind a big screen.  I didn't realise they had started and it was a good half and hour before the first baby was born, I felt a massive physical relief when he came out and we heard a little cry and then both Roger and I started to cry.  2 minutes later the next baby was born..  I had a lot of scar tissue to remove and make into 1 scar so the whole operation took 2 hours.  I held each baby in the operating theatre and then I was taken to recovery.  The first twin weighed 5lb and 14 and the second twin weighed 6lb 1 1/2.  Both are beautiful and I'm completely in love with them I will update the next part of the story in another blog!  Their names in no particular order are Percy and Roscoe they look very different to me although most people can't tell!  Here are some photos of when they had just been born...

2 comments:

  1. To Lucy and Roger, Congratulations on your two beautiful boys, well done and have a great Christmas and very best wishes for 2010. Regards, Sandra (Curley)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Lucy. I haven't looked on here for a while so I have only just read this. I hope you are all doing well. All the best. Caroline Jackson

    ReplyDelete