Tuesday 10 November 2009


 
It never rains when it pours!  Honestly...I realise now that I have actually been ill for about 3 weeks.  This weekend I kept getting palpitations and breathlessness which I know is normal but they were getting really frequent and didn't matter what I was doing they were there.  So eventually Roger made me call the midwife, and the next day I had to go for an e.c.g.  The babies are fine and so am I, I couldn't believe it as I lay there having all the tests I felt better and better and better by the time I got home I realised how ill I have been feeling for the last few weeks.  I was completely excited and better that now I have a cold!
Isabella also has a cold but all of last night she has been doubled up with stomach cramps on one side.  I took her to see the doctor this morning but like mother like daughter she made a miraculous recovery for the 15 minutes she was there.  As soon as we got her in the car she was in pain again.  So now I am waiting for them to call back as she just isn't any better.  All she's had in the last 20 hours is one bag of mini cookies which I thought was the start of her recovery but 10 minutes later she was doubled up again.  I feel really bad thinking I've been up all night, I am tierd pregnant with twins and I have a cold aswell, because obviously she comes first but it is really hard.  It also makes me scared of the logistics of having 3 young children!  Imagine they are ill at the same time and so am I, and Roger has to work?
Anyway I shouldn't be moaning I am sure Isabella will be fine eventually, it's a shame they can't just rule out appendicitis then we can just ride it out. 
I also tried to book in for my swine flu jab, but they haven't got it yet.  I wasn't going to have it but after I spoke to my friend who is a senior midwife I decided it would be a  good idea as it would be a nightmare to have a c section, swine flu and newborn twins!  Hopefully they'll have it by the end of the week.  I don't have any appoinments this week, but am seeing my midwife next week to dicuss my birth plan.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment