Thursday 19 November 2009


 
Last week, I thought Isabella might have appendicitis.  She ended up in hospital for 2 days and a night poor little thing.  I think children are so amazing even though they are ill and she had a drip attached to her, she was such a good girl.  The hospital were amazing all the staff were so good with her.  It isn't easy treating a 3 year old and they pitched how they treated her and spoke to her perfectly.  As a parent you get a little fold down bed next to your child's which is good so you can be with them all the time.  Isabella kept wanting me to get in to her bed and give her a cuddle which was quite difficult 8 months pregnant with twins...I had my bottom poking out of the bed so my bump was supported!!!  The good news in the end was that she got better and it wasn't appendicitis afterall, so all good.
This week I saw my midwife for the last time.  I am 35 weeks now, but next week  I have a scan, then the week after I have my booking in appointment the week before my c section and a consultants appointment (all on the same day in different hospitals!), and then I am having them the week after.
I went through the birth plan with my midwife.  To be honest there are not too many choices to make when it is a planned c section.  I can only have 1 person there but I would only want my husband to be with me anyway.  We have chosen that yes the boys will have the vitamin K injection, and that if I can hold them for a little bit straight after that would be great.  I would like skin to skin contact as soon as possible with them to encourage breast feeding.  In the event that one or both of the boys needs to go to special care then Roger is to stay with the babies.  He doesn't want to cut the umbilical cord, and I don't blame him I'm not sure I would want to.  That is it really, the only plan is to see how it goes and to be led by the babies to see what they are like as little people!
I've been ready for so long now that I think I am in denial that in 2 1/2 weeks I'll be having them!  The only other topial thing which has happened this week is that after much thought I had my swine flu jab.  I wasn't sure whether to as I don't like taking things when I am pregnant, but after talking to my friend who is a senior midwife I decided the last thing I needed so close to having the boys is swine flu so I risked it and had it!

No comments:

Post a Comment